One small nagging issue I had was that the replacement Holley carburetor I was using didn’t have the same attachment point for the throttle linkage. This prevented me from using the original clip that Ford used to attach the throttle linkage to the carburetor. I had managed to come up with something using a spring clip that was holding together fairly well. I had used this same solution in the past, and it eventually came loose after quite a bit of driving. I always had this fear in the back of my mind that this clip would come off just like the old one had. I knew that I couldn’t be the first person to run into this throttle linkage attachment problem. So I did some research on the Internet.
I learned that I definitely wasn’t the first person to have this issue. I also found a very clever DIY solution that looked nice, was easy to build, and used common and inexpensive parts. This is the link to the article I found. https://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2004/08/ThrottleLinkage/index.php
I took some measurements, looked at online parts catalogs from my local hardware stores, and placed an order for the required parts. Once the parts arrived, I made some more measurements and did some cutting with a hacksaw. I also purchased a new throttle return spring and bracket since the spring I was using was the original 50 year old part. I had to do some bending to get the throttle return spring bracket to clear the new throttle linkage.
I feel that this DIY solution works well and has a professional look to it. I haven’t had much of an opportunity to drive the car with the new linkage. The only thing I can say at this point in time is that the new return spring is lighter than the original and I tend to step on the throttle harder than I need to. Hopefully I can avoid getting any speeding tickets until I adjust to the more sensitive throttle.